15 September 2012

1850 Census Chart


Long-time readers of Casefile Clues will remember Peter Bieger from Cincinnati--although it's been a while since I have written about him. A brief post about Peter is here. Peter appears in Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3 of Casefile Clues as he is a pretty popular guy.

I love charts to organize myself and this was part of one I used to keep track of all the "matches" I referenced in an attempt to find Peter in the 1850 census. I searched Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, Footnote, etc. for various spellings of his name, but in order to avoid looking at the same entry repeatedly, I created a chart because I was beginning to get confused.

Your charts do not need to be fancy, but they need to be functional. Charts we discuss here are only meant to give you ideas, not meant as edicts.