Registration gets you three meals (Friday noon and evening meals and Saturday's noon meal). You don't have to be a member to attend the conference and there are actually quite a few lectures that aren't just applicable to Germanic research. There are some optional ethnic activities in the evening and on Thursday for those with an interest.
I'll be giving several lectures throughout the Friday and Saturday of the conference.
- Crossing the Pond
- Germanic Research with Ancestry.com
- What's New for German Researchers on FamilySearch
- German Genealogy Websites
- Online Search Techniques
- Creating Your Own Blog
- Determining Your Own Migration Chain
F. Warren Bittner is the other speaker--and I'll be honest--part of me wishes I wasn't talking so that I could attend some of his lectures.
- Impossible Immigrant: I Know Everything About the Man--Except his Name
- Understanding Illegitimacy: The Bittner Bastards of Bavaria
- Elusive Immigrant: The Search for Dora Luhr
- "Beat the Children with a Fresh Birch Stick" or Reading to Put Your Family Into Historical Context
- German Gothic Handwriting: Anyone Can Read It; In-Depth Research and Writing Practice