02 April 2012

Charles and Fannie Neill in 1940


This is the entry for my great-grandparents, Charles and Fannie Neill living in St.Albans Township, Hancock County, Illinois, 1in 1940. No real surprises here. I wasn't certain if both of my great-grandparents went to the 8th grade, but the indication here is that they did. Charles was the informant and their youngest son, Herschel, was living with them. Their three other children were out of the household by 1940.

--------------------------------------

My webinar on searching the unindexed 1940 census can be ordered here

Souce:
1940 U. S. Census, Illinois, Hancock County,St. Albans Township, ED 34-34, Sheet 3b, household 58, Charles Neill; digital image, National Archives (http://www.nara.gov : accessed 2 April 2012). That's not quite perfect Evidence Explained form, but I'll clean them up later.