09 April 2012

Can CNN.com Find It?

CNN.com had a nice article on the interest in the 1940 census. However the caption reminds me of one of those "Can You Find It?" things. Am I the only one who cannot find the microfilm in this picture?


It looks to me like they are processing enumeration forms?


Or I totally clueless?


The article also states: "One line on a 1940 Census record, however, has the power to confirm a family legend we have heard for years, or it can make us confront a troubling truth buried long ago."


Oh my. Genealogists know that one census enumeration by itself proves absolutely nothing. Gotta group various sources together to reach any conclusion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it possible that these are machines used to create the microfilm? There's definitely no actual microfilm there, but these may be the machines that photograph the documents.