12 August 2011

Ancestry.com-Where is Northeast Township, Adams County, IL

Ok, mark me down as confused.

I wanted to do a proximity search for Northeast Township, Adams County, Illinois, in 1930. I need to use the "new" search to do this. One little, tiny, teeny problem.  Northeast doesn't pull up as a location in Illinois in the drop down menu for locations.

I know it's there because I can drill down to it if I were going to browse the census.

A larger screen shot of the "browse this collection:"

Northeast is there.
A larger screen shot of the "pull down menu" in location:
Northeast never came up in Illinois.

Of course, Northeastern Kenya came up as a 1930 US Census location, but that's another story and a complaint for another blog post.

I've not been getting answers from Ancestry.com on the last few blog posts, but I feel better.

And I would like the old search.

On the old search, I could search for German natives born between 1840 and 1850 living in Northeast Township. Now, Northeast township is small enough that I could perform a manual search. But that's really not the point.

These things should work for all locations, not just some.

And if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me so I can update this blog post and get back to research.