27 May 2015

A Christening for Johann George Trautvetter in 1798

This was another of my big finds at the Family History Library in Salt Lake: the baptismal record for Johann George Trautvetter from 1798 in Salzungen, Thuringen, Germany. I located records for two other children of Erasmus and Anna Katharina (Gross) Trautvetter in those records.

Later children could not be located as the records stopped after the third child was located and I have reason to believe that the three children I located were their older ones.

These records underlined the name of the father instead of the child. That's one reason I didn't find the record when I used these records twenty years ago.

There's another reason we'll mention in a future blog post.

And there's a few genealogy lesson reminders we'll be running in Genealogy Tip of the Day based on these records.