- Writing up your research in a clear way for others to read and so that they can understand your thought process makes your research better
- Citing what you write--completely even if not academically correct, makes your research stronger
- Sharing your research can "get the word out"
- Blog posts are excellent "cousin bait"
- Blogging is not necessarily a permanent way to "preserve" your information.
- Blogging shares whatever you post with the world immediately and from a practical standpoint, you may lose "control" over what you post.
- Blogging is very public, others may not like what you post.
There are two sites where you can set up a blog at no charge with minimal technical experience: