Make it clear who is who.
- Walter Rampley
- Herschel Neill (boy without jacket)
- Cecil Neill (holding Walter's arm)
- Nellie (Neill) Shanks (light colored dress)
- Lester Rampley (toddler with stocking hat)
- Ralph Neill
- Edna (Rampley) Dion (girl with dark dress)
It's important to be as clear as possible while keeping in mind what is clear to you may not necessarily be clear to someone else.
This photograph's identification.In this case the determination of "who was who" was not all that difficult. Details from other records and my own knowledge were sufficient. There were only two girls named in the picture and their years of birth were well established from other records. Nellie is clearly the oldest girl in the photograph.
Lester was clearly the youngest. Cecil (my grandfather) was the apparent oldest in the picture and I also recognized him from other photographs. I knew that Herschel was several years younger than Ralph and those two I also recognized as my Grandpa's brothers. That left only Walter.