04 January 2014

My Immigrants--Are You Up to the Challenge?

I don't mind challenges, but I like them to have a purpose. I've never been a big fan of busy work.

With that in mind, I've created this challenge for myself over this weekend and the next few days: organize the documentation of my immigrant arrivals.

I've created a spreadsheet in Google Docs which I've inserted in this blog post, allowing it to update as I add information. I'm going to add a column for my source, but I'm starting with names of known immigrants and working my way there.

I've got to add a few Mayflower passengers as well, but I'm starting with the more recent people in my genealogy. I'm sticking to direct line ancestors for now as that's enough. Three-fourths of my ancestors were immigrants to the United States after 1845, so I've got a ways to go.




How many of your immigrant ancestors can you find?

No comments: