Note: the man the article refers to as "Frand" Goldenstein was actually named Frank.
Some of the clues contained in this article:
- divorce record for Frank Goldenstein
- lawsuit initiated by Goldenstein against his wife's parents
- passport application if Goldenstein was citizen when he made the visit to Germany
- adoption records (which may be closed)
- passenger lists for the return trip with new wife and baby
Liz on our Facebook page mentioned that Frank probably had a connection to Germany if he went there for a bride. That's true. It's one clue I almost didn't think to mention as I already knew Frank was a German native.
Note: this Frank Goldenstein was a first cousin of my great-grandmother, Tjode (Goldenstein) Habben.