01 May 2013

UK, City and County Directories, 1766 - 1946 and a CletHes Dealer

Users will need to determine the specific coverage for their own United Kingdom locations and time periods of interest, but Ancestry.com has released their "UK, City and County Directories, 1766 - 1946."

The screen shot below shows a reference to Robert Frame in County Cumberland in the 1858 directory. Users should be careful just taking screen shots and saving those without obtaining any other information about the reference. I need to find out where in County Cumberland Annetwell Street is. In this case, I actually do know, but in locations with which one is unfamiliar, more than just "saving" specific images will need to be done.


It may also be helpful to me to view other pages of the directory to see if it contains additional background information.

I have the image number in this screen shot, but I really need the page number. I don't include image numbers in my citations. I'll need that (as well as the actual title page of the book) in order to create my citation to this reference to Robert.

This text has been automatically read. Otherwise how would Robert's occupation be listed as a "Clte.Hes" Dealer?

All search results were accurate as of the time and date of this original blog post.

No comments: