04 March 2013

Confusion About FamilySearch Data Update Dates

Regular readers know that links to updated databases on FamilySearch are posted here regularly.

I am confused.

I usually copy and paste these every day or so from the FamilySearch page for United States databases. Yesterday I made two entries in a blog post because they had update dates of 3 March.

BillionGraves Index
Arkansas, Probate Records, 1817-1979

Today these databases show different update dates.

The Arkansas probate records indicates an update date of 12 January 2013.

The BillionGraves Index shows an update date of 1 February 2013.

I'm not certain why they were indicating more recent update dates yesterday.

We'll keep posting material that is indicated as new until further notice. I'm hoping that for some reason the site is reverting to "old" update dates.