08 November 2012

Two Stones for Aunt Margaret

My great-aunt, Margaret Hutchison died in 1990 in Illinois and is buried in Malta, Idaho. Her tombstones have been photographed and placed on  FindAGrave.

Before I use those images in any soft of blog post, I'm waiting to get permission from the photographers to use the images in the post. Of course, I can use the images in my personal research, but that's different from making a blog post about them.

Upon closer inspection, the year of birth is incorrect on both of Aunt Margaret's stones. Evidence closer to her date of birth, particularly census and her enlistment records in World War 2 are consistent with a 1910 year of birth.

And her name on one stone is Anna M. and on the other stone it is Margaret A. There's a reason for that, too. Both the date of her birth and her name will be the focus of a future blog post--stay tuned.