05 November 2007

Back from Saratoga Springs-20 Oct 2007

(note: this post somehow got lost in cyberspace, so I'm reposting it today).

I enjoyed my time with the Heritage Hunters from Saratoga Springs New York this past weekend. Ruth Anne from the group was gracious enough to take me on an extended tour of the area, including the Saratoga National Historical Site and other sites in and around the area. There is a lot of history there and I learned first hand how the group has been working on preserving names of Revolutionary era soldiers and other information from the colonial era and how they are also ever vigilant in their efforts to preserve cemeteries and other local historic sites.

And my hosts graciously picked me up at 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning to take me back to the Albany airport. Now that is dedication.