07 January 2011

Group Trip to Salt Lake Via Amtrak from Points East?

Readers know that every May I have a group trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. More information about the trip is located here.

What I'm wondering about is if anyone who lives east of Salt Lake and lives close enough to an Amtrak station would be interested in taking the train (California Zephyr) to Salt Lake. I've taken it to Utah from Galesburg, Illinois, and the ride through the mountains is beautiful. If those of us who could, took the train, we could meet on the train, do some preparing on the train, review your materials, etc. etc. all before we got to Salt Lake.

Let me know if you're interested. It's about a 30 hour ride for me to Salt Lake and I usually get a fair amount of work done on the train. If this sounds interesting to you, check out the website and email me at mjrnootdig@gmail.com.