20 June 2009

Casefile Clues for Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

Some readers of my blog know about my weekly column "Casefile Clues" for Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter (Plus Edition). Eastman's "Plus Edition" has a nominal charge and provides you with access to the free and the premium content with no ads on the pages. Eastman's helps me keep up on what is new in genealogy and comes out daily. Subscribers addresses are not used for spam and you are not automatically subscribed like you are with somethings.

I know this because I got my mother a short subscription to EOGN for her birthday so she read the columns without me having to send them to her. She was not autosubscribed and hasn't been getting "extra" messages--she would have told me if she had. Subscribers get a daily email with article titles and links to the articles.

Casefile Clues contains articles about original records from a variety of locations and about how those records were located, analyzed, and used for further research. I only write about my research of my children's ancestry, but that covers most states east of the Mississippi and six countries in Europe---which is enough! The intent of Casefile Clues is to help you with your research by giving you ideas and exposing you to records you might not have thought to look for.

I enjoy writing my Casefile Clues column and hearing from readers. Each column runs at least 1200 words and is geared towards all levels of researchers. Suggestions for future columns are welcome and can be submitted to me at mjnrootdig@gmail.com.

Those who have not seen Eastman's Free Edition of the newsletter can view it here.