19 November 2007

Get Some Perspective

I've been reviewing several tombstone photographs we took several years ago. There are a few things I would do differently:
  • take a picture of the entryway, sign, or something identifying the name of the cemetery if possible.

  • rename all the pictures so I know whose stone is in the picture and the cemetery it was taken in.

  • take "far off" shots showing relative positions of stones, particularly when there are several family members buried together. I did this in some cases (shown below), but not all.

  • review all the photographs as soon after taking them as possible and add a text file to my folder of pictures containing notes and other information on the cemetery and the pictures.

Pictures taken in this post were taken in Holy Family Cemetery, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa.



Additional suggestions are welcome.

No comments: