07 November 2013

A Little Bit of Disappointment

[opinion alert...]

Yesterday I posted "It's Our All Fresh Pledge," which discussed my commitment on my blogs to original content that was only generated by me and (when someone is quoted) the accurate citation for that quote and an acknowledgement that I didn't make the statement myself. I still feel strongly about that statement.

The response was underwhelming.

On various blogs, message boards, etc. I see discussion about copyright infringement, frustrations with people "stealing my information," etc. I see people upset when others "take their stuff" and put it off as their own. Consequently, I was hoping that others would post similar statements on their own blogs regarding their own commitment to creating their own fresh, original content.

I'm still hoping other bloggers take up the challenge to post "fresh original content" statements on their blogs. But I'm not going to worry about whether anyone posts or not--I'm off to create some fresh content of my own (grin!).





3 comments:

kim elizabeth said...

I'm not a blogger, but I read your blogs and tips regularly. I appreciate the time you take to post original content gleaned from your research. I know it takes more thought, effort and time than just copying something that someone else wrote. I'm sure other readers feel the same, and hopefully other bloggers will follow your example1

Bubba said...

Thanks, Kim Elizabeth!

Lisa S. Gorrell said...

I don't write as often as I'd like, but I certainly try to write original material about my own family. Occasionally I might follow a meme but write something on how it relates to my research and always have a link back to the original.

I do appreciate your writing and read it every day!