23 April 2007

Playing with Obituaries at GenealogyBank.com

I got to playing around with the modern obituaries today at GenealogyBank.com. The only reason I should not have is that I kept finding things I wanted to look at. Using it for some of my more uncommon last names (Ufkes and Trautvetter) I located a few people I was not already aware of. Personally this is much easier than searching for obituaries on google or one of the many other search engines.

There were only three Cawiezells listed, now to just figure out how they are related.

If you haven't given the modern obituaries at GenealogyBank.com a try, consider doing it today.
But don't forget to browse around and find out what papers they have and what years they cover...good methodology tells us we need to know what we are searching.