15 April 2007

DeedMapper Seminar in St. Charles, Missouri

Saturday afternoon I spent several hours making a computer presentation on using DeedMapper for genealogical research for the Genealogical Society in St. Charles, Missouri. Given the mathematical nature of plotting property in metes and bounds, I like showing how the program works and the ways of entering in property descriptions to have the maps automatically drawn and how to fit parcels together.

Drawing out estate partitions in metes and bounds states or land patents isn't super easy, but with a program like this it is not difficult at all. Fitting them together can sometimes be a challenge.

I've given the Deedmapper presentation as an all-day workshop in some locations. Email me (mjnrootdig@gmail.com) if you'd be interested in having me make the presentation for your group.