02 June 2011

Thinking About the Allen County Public Library for my Group Trip

I'm starting to think about what I'm going to research while I'm at the Allen County Public Library in Ft. Wayne in August with my group from 3-7 August 2011. The library is particularly strong in published materials as well as some microfilm.

Since I haven't done too much work on my New England lines, I'm going to focus on families from New York State, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. I'll try and avoid using Ancestry.com at the library as I can use that at home.

I'm working on my list of people and will be adding an update as well. I'm hoping to put together material I obtained in Salt Lake and other places to start some searches for the parents of apparent brothers Benjamin and Arvin Butler.

I'm also hoping to work through some published material on the ancestors of Clark Sargent, born in Vermont in the mid 1810s.

I copied some tax and other materials from Hunterdon County, New Jersey, on the Blaine and Reed families and I'm hoping to make a little progress on them in the Revolutionary era.

The Library also has some microfilmed tax lists and I'll see if there are any locations where I need those records as well.

That will probably be enough as I'll be helping the trip participants as well.


Information on our trip is here. We'd love to have you join us.