26 January 2011

Landing in Vancouver-Crossing in Vermont?


Mark me down as confused. I'm still confused about why the St. Albans district went all the way to Vancouver, but I understand things better than I did. Just goes to show you that Ancestry.com isn't always incorrect.
This is part of a screen shot for a manifest of the Empress of Canada which landed in Vancouver in May of 1934.
I wrote about this a few weeks ago when I noticed that the "record" on Ancestry.com did not indicate the National Archives Microfilm Publication number from which the image was from--I was completing citations for an issue of Casefile Clues. I subsequently received the film number from Ancestry.com and was told that an update was in the works to include the film number. And they have updated the database.
Now when I search for this individual, May Cintura Drolette, it tells me that the source is:
  • Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Washington, D.C.; Manifests of Passengers Arriving in the St. Albans, Vermont, District through Canadian Pacific Ports, 1929-1949; Record Group: 85, Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; Microfilm Serial: M1465; Microfilm Roll: 9; Line: 3.