16 March 2009

Genealogy Week at Carl Sandburg College Completed

Last week, I completed my 11th annual "Genealogy Week" at Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg, Illinois. Our numbers were slightly down, but all in all, things went well. Those who want to see our topics can view them on our site (at least until I take them down).

Based upon the interest and response, I am putting together a monthly "problem-solving" class to be offered at the college in Galesburg. Tentatively we will meet once a month to discuss research problems of those in the class. If you live near Galesburg, Illinois, and are interested please let me know.

Genealogy Week 2010 will be 8-13 March 2010. Watch our site for details.

We are also considering a few other offerings in the fall of 2009. Stay tuned--email me at mjnrootdig@gmail.com for details when they become available. Suggestions are welcome as well.