05 January 2007

World War Two Draft Registrations


Users of this site know that I have posted copies of my paternal grandfather's World War Two Draft Registrations


My maternal grandfather passed away in 2003 and I have finally gotten around to trying to get his World War Two Draft Registration. To obtain it, I got a copy of his death certificate (from the courthouse in the county where he died--not from the state and NOT from one of those "get it NOW" places that charges an exorbitant amount). I have followed the directions on the Selective Service Administration page and will keep readers posted on my success and how long it takes. It has been several years since I obtained the card and registration information on my paternal grandfather.


The registration card of my paternal grandfather is shown in this post.


His classification record can also be viewed on our site.