05 May 2011

Ancestry.com's Updating of Databases



I wish the Ancestry.com blog had some real information about their new or recently updated databases in it--instead of being vastly marketing material.



Their passport applications are indicated as being "updated" again, but I have no clue how. Does this mean I have to search them again for people I've already searched for in the database?



The last time it was updated there were "new" applications in there for people I had already located.



It is a little frustrating for databases to be "updated" multiple times. Don't get me wrong, I use Ancestry.com and like it, but these updates without information on "how they are updated" is frustrating--especially when it doesn't enable me to know whether to search the database or not.


Hopefully I'm wrong and there's information on the update somewhere that I have just overlooked.