01 February 2011

1905 Minnesota State Census on FamilySearch


The image with this post comes from the 1905 Minnesota state census. Benjamin Habben was living in Lake Valley Township, Traverse County, Minnesota.
This census and the index recently were released on Familysearch.org.
Benjamin Habben is a first cousin of my ancestor John H. Ufkes.
This census is interesting in that it asks how long the person has lived in Minnesota and how long they have lived in the district in which they are enumerated--providing some migration clues for this family. Now that I see the quesions the census asked I have other families I think I'll look for in this enumeration.
The one difficulty is that it is not clear where households begin and end. This is a slight concern as I would like to know if Benjamin Habben is living with the Nelk family listed next to him. Mrs. Nelk was a relative of Habbens and it would be nice to know if they were enumerated in one household in this census.
I'll have to look in 1900 and 1910 to see.