02 April 2009

1930 Census at Footnote


Footnote.com's 1930 census index is now 84% complete. There are some neat features on this site, particularly the "I'm Related" part.










I searched for my wife's grandmother and located her relatively easily (I already knew where and when she was, so that part was not difficult).





There was a link for "I'm related" which I clicked on and which brought up the first screen shot seen in this post.





The next time someone else searches for Anna Apgar in the 1930 census at Footnote.com, they will see this screen when they click on the link for the one living in Chicago.



Pretty slick.



The images at Footnote.com (one is shown below) aren't too bad either.



And Footnote.com has a monthly and annual subscription rates that are pretty reasonable.